Time Frame: Early August – Early May
Commitment: 10 hours each week
Reports to: Student Programs Coordinator
Scholarship: 25% of room and board
The Student Activities Board is a student leadership team comprised of sophomores, juniors, and seniors living on campus. They provide students with opportunities for meaningful connection and unique experiences through large scale events.
Be a traditional Corban student who has completed at least 1 semester at Corban and…
- Exhibits peer leadership abilities.
- Practices effective organizational skills.
- Displays collaborative leadership strengths.
- Is able to work unpredictable/irregular hours.
- Is in good standing with campus offices.
- If working, hours do not exceed 10 hours per week.
Be registered as an undergraduate student at Corban who…
- Possesses a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher.
- Registers for at least 12 undergraduate credits at Corban per semester.
- Is on track with Reach requirements.
- Assist in implementing new and traditional large scale event opportunities (ex. Beach Party).
- Coordinate with vendors to organize rentals, food, venues, and materials for events.
- Assist in the setup and cleanup of SAB events.
- Share leadership and responsibilities for all SAB events.
- Demonstrate flexibility when meeting needs (expected & unexpected) at events.
- Collaborate with RAs, AACs, & ACs to put on residence hall events: Lumberjack Games, Basement Bash, Pumpkin Smash, Mr. VG, Balyo Battles, Corban Free for All, etc.
- Attend all training sessions as outlined in the Hiring Process/Training Timeline.
- Meet twice weekly with SAB team.
- Meet monthly with Student Programs Coordinator.
- Be First Aid/CPR/AED certified and physically prepared to administer basic first aid (training offered on campus).
- Support and work effectively with other campus offices.
- Represent the University with maturity and professionalism.
- Support, encourage and pray for fellow student leaders and University personnel.
- Be familiar and compliant with Corban’s Student Walkthrough as well as basic residence hall policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.