Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Community Engagement
Time Frame: Mid August – Early May
Commitment: 7-10 hours each week
Scholarship: 25% of room and board – approximately $2225
The Coordinators of ASB Leadership exist to assist and work closely with the Vice President of their respective branch with the duties necessary for the success of the branch and ASB Leadership as a whole.
The Commuter Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Community Engagement in the expansion of student awareness into the community.
The Commuter Coordinator must be a Corban student living off-campus who…
- Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Abides by all Corban community lifestyle standards.
- Has a passion for the mission of Corban and a desire to represent the students of Corban.
- Exhibits peer leadership abilities and displays collaborative leadership strengths.
- Practices effective organizational skills.
- Is familiar with Corban’s Student Walkthrough and policies as well as basic residence hall policies and procedures.
- Represents the University with maturity and professionalism.
The Commuter Coordinator must be registered as a current Corban undergraduate student who…
- Has completed at least one full semester at Corban.
- Possesses a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Registers for at least 12 credits.
- Is on track with Reach requirements.
The Commuter Coordinator is expected to:
- Represent the commuter opinion.
- Communicate regularly with the commuter senators.
- Initiate and assist in commuter programs and activities.
- Develop and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for commuters on the Corban campus.
- Meet regularly as part of the Community Engagement branch of ASB Leadership.
- Meet regularly with the Vice President of Community Engagement.
- Support and work effectively with other campus offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meet regularly with the Commuter Senators
The Community Engagement Coordinator is required to attend all training sessions as outlined in the ASB Leadership Training Timeline.