Title: Student Initiatives Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Student Initiatives
Time Frame: Mid August – Early May
Commitment: 7-10 hours each week
Scholarship: 25% of room and board – approximately $2,225
The Coordinators of ASB Leadership exist to assist and work closely with the Vice President of their respective branch with the duties necessary for the success of the branch and ASB Leadership as a whole.
The Student Initiatives Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Student Initiatives in leading the various organizations and student endeavors on campus.
The Student Initiatives Coordinator must be an on-campus Corban student who…
- Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Abides by all Corban community lifestyle standards.
- Has a passion for the mission of Corban and a desire to represent the students of Corban.
- Exhibits peer leadership abilities and displays collaborative leadership strengths.
- Practices effective organizational skills.
- Is familiar with Corban’s Student Walkthrough and policies as well as basic residence hall policies and procedures.
- Represents the University with maturity and professionalism.
The Student Initiatives Coordinator must be registered as a current Corban undergraduate student who…
- Has completed at least one full semester at Corban.
- Possesses a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Registers for at least 12 credits.
- Is on track with Reach requirements.
The Student Initiatives Coordinator is expected to collaborate with the entire Student Initiatives branch to accomplish the following tasks:
- Manage student organization’s finances – i.e. refund forms, budgets, and update accounts.
- Manage student organization’s publicity – i.e. email, posters, pictures, videos, etc.
- Work closely with each Organization President and their organization.
- Collaborate with Athletics Department to organize Fanatics sporting events
- Coordinate and host monthly open-mic events.
- Meet monthly with the Organization Presidents.
- Regularly attend Student Organization meetings/events.
- Meet regularly as part of the Student Initiatives branch of ASB Leadership.
- Meet regularly with the Vice President of Student Initiatives.
- Support and work effectively with other campus offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Student Initiatives Coordinator is required to attend all training sessions as outlined in the ASB Leadership Training Timeline.